Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, lies in the middle of the Heritage Arc. This bustling city, famed for its Nawabi era finesse and amazing food, is a unique mix of the ancient and the modern. It is home to extraordinary monuments depicting a fascinating blend of ancient, colonial and oriental architecture.
Lucknow : A unique mix of the Ancient and the Modern
Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh and it has always been a multicultural city. The Persian-loving Shia Nawabs of the city patronize courtly manners, beautiful gardens, poetry, music, and fine cuisine, which are well known amongst Indians and students of South Asian culture and history.Lucknow is popularly known as the City of Nawabs.It is also known as the Golden City of the East, Shiraz-i-Hind and The Constantinople of India.
Situated in the heart of the great Gangetic plain, Lucknow city is surrounded by its rural towns and villages. They include the orchard town of Malihabad, historic Kakori, Mohanlal ganj, Gosainganj, Chinhat, and Itaunja. On its eastern side lies Barabanki District, on the western side is Unnao District, on the southern side Raebareli District, and on the northern side the Sitapur and Hardoi districts. The Gomti River, meanders through the city, dividing it into the Trans-Gomti and Cis-Gomti regions.
Plan to Visit Lucknow? Quick Facts
- Lucknow was the epicentre of the 1857 War of Independence. Before that, it was the seat of a line of nawabs who gave the city its unique identity.
- Literature, cuisine, performing arts and tehzeeb put Lucknow a cut above the rest – and the world acknowledges it.
- Among the magnificent monuments are Imambara, Rumi Darwaza, Kaiserbagh Heritage Zone, Residency and Dilkusha.
- Chikan embroidery and zardozi have made Lucknow a brand in global fashion.
- Kebabs and Biryani are the two lip-smacking delicacies that beckon visitors again and again.
- Relax and enjoy the city’s new age facilities, and visit again.
Planning to visit Lucknow city? Let us make the arrangements for you rightaway. Give us a call.