Avinash Kumar, our Executive Chef at Ramada by Wyndham Lucknow ‘s new Recipes series – Under 100 Recipes, brings simple, easy, delicious dishes that one can make quickly with minimal effort, all under Rs 100.
For the Farali Aloo Pattice
|For the Covering|
|Cooking oil||For Shallow Frying|
|Corn Flour||5 Tbsp|
|Coconut (freshly grated)||1 Cup|
|Roasted Peanuts ( Grounded)||1 Cup|
|Green Chillies||5 nos|
|Ginger||1 small strip|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Tsp|
- Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them properly.
- Add 2 tablespoon of corn flour and salt to taste to the mashed potatoes. Make 15 medium balls of them and keep aside.
- In a bowl add grated coconut, grounded peanut powder and mix them well.
- Make a fine paste by grinding green chillies, ginger and lemon juice and mix all the ingredients by adding sugar, salt and chilli powder.
- Make balls by filling the mixture ensuring there are no cracks and form them into a patty shape or oval shape. Dust corn flour on the patty.
- Place oil in a deep frying pan, fry the pattice balls until golden brown.
- Farali aloo pattice can be served with Dhaniya / Pudina Chutney / Hot n Sour Tomato Sauce