Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, lies in the middle of the Heritage Arc. This bustling city, famed for its Nawabi era finesse and amazing food, is a unique mix of the ancient and the modern. It is home to extraordinary monuments depicting a fascinating blend of ancient, colonial and oriental architecture.
Experience History, Heritage and World-class Hospitality
There are a million reasons why you should start with Lucknow if you are in the mood for travel and exploration of Uttar Pradesh, but here are 5 to make you look instantly for your travelling shoes.
- Lucknow was the epicentre of the 1857 War of Independence, and much before that, it was the seat of a line of nawabs who gave the city its unique identity.
- Literature, cuisine, performing arts and tehzeeb put Lucknow a cut above the rest – and the world acknowledges it.
- Among the magnificent monuments are Imambara, Rumi Darwaza, Kaiserbagh Heritage Zone, Residency and Dilkusha.
- Chikan embroidery and zardozi have made Lucknow a brand in global fashion.
- Kebabs and biryani are the two lip-smacking delicacies that beckon visitors again and again.
No comments yet.
Leave a Comment
Let us know your thoughts on this post but remember to place nicely folks!